A Global Leader in Aviation Safety And Performance
For more than 37 years, Precise Flight, Inc. has been a global leader in the aviation industry, supplying innovative solutions and products for every type of aircraft. From major commercial airlines and fleet operators, to business jets, rotorcraft, and all segments of general aviation, Precise Flight products make flying safer, and the business of flying more profitable. Their innovative products, including Pulselites, LED and HID lighting systems, fixed and portable oxygen systems, and Speedbrakes, are installed on a wide variety of aircraft around the world. Their partners, including Qantas, Alaska Airlines, Gulfstream, Bombardier, Cirrus, Cessna, Piper, Mooney, and Airbus Helicopters, share their commitment to excellence, innovation, safety, and performance. Whether you represent an aircraft manufacturer, an airline, a fleet operator, or you’re the owner of a single aircraft, Precise Flight, Inc. stands ready to exceed your expectations.
Benefits of Speed Brakes
- Double your aircraft’s normal rate of descent without reducing power or using landing gear.
- Maintain engine power and aircraft maneuvering speed without build-up in speed.
- Reduce engine shock cooling.
- Smooth turbulence and quickly slow to turbulent air penetration speeds.
- Deployable at or near Vne for an instantaneous reduction in speed.
- Read what AOPA has to say (pdf)
- Double parasitic drag on the aircraft.
- Decrease lift.
- Minimize asymmetric lift and drag reducing likelihood of entering a spin.
- Increases wing loading and smooths the aircraft response to turbulence.
- Decreases lift allowing for better control in crosswinds and assists with braking.
- Installed weight: (9 lbs.)
- Average descent with SpeedBrakes deployed: (1500-1900 fpm)
- Average installation time: (35-40 hours)
- Electrically actuated (no cables, hydraulics or pulleys).
- Asymmetric deployment protection.
- Power failure protection.
- Environmental protection.
- Lighted on/off switch indicating SpeedBrake deployment.
- SpeedBrakes stow flush with wing skin surface.